Bodegas Tobia, Alma de Tobia, Rosado
This rosé wine is very original and innovative. They were the first winery to make a barrel fermented rosé not only in Rioja but probably in whole Spain. It has a minimalist elaboration, from small batches from different vineyards and after the ageing barrels, they blend all of them in different proportions in order to create this unique wine.
• Grape Variety: 55% Tempranillo, 35% Graciano, 10% Others (Merlot)
• Meticulously hand selected from the three vineyards and vinification
separately. Must is filtered after 36 hours of maceration under a protective
layer of CO2 and held at a controlled temperature.
• Must is fermented in new, fine-grained French oak barrel at 12-15°C. The
wine is aged for 5 months in the same French oak barrels with the
• The three wines are blended at the end of the ageing period.
• Total limited at 30 barrels, 9.000 bottles of 750 ml.
Color: Intense strawberry red.
Aroma: Intense, clean and complex, attractive aroma. Red fruits (strawberry and raspberry) with slight mentholated and floral undertones well integrated with smoked, coffee and spices like clove.
Palate: Well-balanced, fresh, unctuous and silky in the mouth. The wine lingers
on the palate leading to a long and elegant bitter finish.
Temprillano, Graciano and others
Medium- full bodied